Home » Change Essay

Change Essay

Jose Lopez

4/24/20

English 110

Change Essay

Change is something that is inevitable and you can never avoid it. Our existence is based on change, we grow both physically and mentally into adults. But many people do not like change as it makes us feel weird and we start to miss what we had. For example losing a friendship or a relationship with someone who you felt close to. Or maybe the loss of someone very dear to you. No matter what it is, change comes and it will hurt often. But most importantly it can affect us mentally as we may not be able to accept change because it can be hard to get accustomed to a new lifestyle as you grow older. 

For me change has always been something I dread. Whenever I think back on my past I always associate them as if they were eras in life because I tend to connect people, music, and feelings together. This leads to me often missing these eras in my life because whenever I play music I remember these people and feelings I had and I start wishing to go back at times. It can be hard losing friend groups or individual people you devoted a lot of your time for and the dread of losing such things is always in the back of my head no matter what I do. It even gets scary meeting new people because I wonder if they’ll even be interested in being my friend and if it’ll even be a permanent friend group. It makes me feel scared to make these friendships for these reasons. Change has impacted me so much I become scared of every option that can occur. It also affects me deeply because I’m someone who likes consistency. Whenever I play a game I like to keep my things consistent and to have as little difference as possible. I keep things the same and whatever is in the same class of armor I keep it together. I don’t like having to get used to new things because it just doesn’t feel right and it breaks my consistency and upsets me. Growing up was hard as it is but having to get used to so many changes in people and the rooms felt wrong. I even try to keep old things the same even though I know it needs to be improved on. It’s been like this since I can remember, I never wanted things to be different than they were and I still do feel that way. Being in college feels different and at times I wish I was still in the past in order to live the life I had.

Change can hurt and change will hurt. But as stated it is inevitable. Our whole world is constantly changing from seasons to its people. Nothing is ever the same in our world because there’s always something new to be discovered. Will we always hate change? That’s going to be a yes depending on how you see change, but we can accept it and live with it. And that’s how I get along with change, I accept the hard truth regardless of how much it hurts.